Skip to main content

Gideon - 9 Months

 M(om): Hello, Gideon! You are 9 months old today! As Dad reminded us at coffee time, that means you have been out in the world for the same amount of time you were inside of me.

G(ideon): Really? It feels like I have been around a lot longer than that.

M: For me, too. What has been happening lately?
G: Well, lots things I guess. I have been growing a lot. At least that is what everyone keeps telling me. And I have been talking a lot. I can say "Da da" pretty well, which seems to make Dad very happy. I like to play lots of different toys, especially ones that make sounds and play music. They are just so interesting!

M: Have you learned anything else new lately?

G: I can stand up! I think it is so much fun to pull myself up to stand by things. And I am getting better at getting down now, so I think that you like it more now too.

M: I must say your surprised me when you first stood up by things. What are you eating these days?
 G: Food is so yummy! I will eat pretty much anything you give me. I do like to try and feed myself, but it also really nice when you feed me. I really like puffs, bananas, pears, peaches. Really, there isn't any food that I don't like. One time I even stole Dad's cookie from him. That was really tasty. Can I have another one?

M: Not right now. How is sleeping going?

G: I don't mind sleeping. I like to have a morning nap around 9 and I will sleep for 1 hour or so. And I like my afternoon nap around 1 or 1:30 and I will sleep for close to 2 hours then. And I am ready for bed around 7 and I usually sleep until 7 in the morning. But, I don't really like to sleep in places other than my own bed.

M: I am glad you sleep so well. You are such a joy to have around, Gideon. Who do you like to be around the most?

G: Well, I certainly do love you, Mom. But I get very excited when I hear my Dad voice and my brother, Joash. I do love to see them each day.

M: And we all love to have you around, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Farm Boy Already

I don't fully understand how this happens, but Gideon already loves the tractor. If he is in the kitchen or the living room and he hears the sound of the tractor, he crawls to the closest window and has a look outside. When he sees it, he often starts drumming on the window sill, so excited. He repeats a little "T" sound, like he is trying to say tractor. He hasn't actually gone for a ride in the tractor, yet. But I think he will be pretty excited to that some day soon.

Storybook Character Day 2016

Today was Storybook Character Day at Joash's school. I tried to make it easy on myself and encouraged Joash to use one of the costumes we have on hand. So, he picked the chef costume and took the book Sam the Chef.  Notice anything about his face? I didn't have time to take a picture before school and we got a call right around lunch time that Joash had a pretty bad fall on the asphalt at school during recess. He was pretty shook up about, so I went to pick him up early today. He seems pretty much his normal self now, so we are not too worried. And of course, school pictures are on the 31st, so we will have to see how well he has healed by then.

Summer Vacation 2017

This was supposed to be the first of probably a few post about our wonderful family vacation in Michigan with my parents and sisters.

Instead it is a post about our vacation, on PEI. The kids at home with Oma, Opa, Tante Reina and Wilbert. Wilbert home with the kids or visiting me...at the hospital.

At 4 am on the morning of July 15th, instead of going to the airport to fly to Michigan with the kids, Wilbert and I drove to the hospital where I was soon admitted and fast tracked to have my gall bladder removed.

A little bit of background. I have been struggling for a while with random bouts of pain in my abdomen and back. Back in October of 2016, I did go the ER with this pain. At that time, the doctor determined I was having esophageal spasms, a surprisingly common thing for a woman who had a baby 5 or 6 month ago. After my time in the ER, I did not have any further issues until April of this year.

In April, I had 10 of these episodes in 20 days. Most often they would last for 30 minu…